Participants have the opportunity to gain in-depth knowledge about American culture and techniques and obtain a job that does not oblige skills while staying in the United States for a maximum of 4 months. The program is not intended for permanent employment in the US. Its purpose is to enhance understanding between the people of the United States and the people of other countries through educational and cultural exchange.
To participate in Work and Travel Program, you must meet the following qualifications:
- 18–25 years old.
- Be interested in learning about the culture and people of the United States.
- Enrolled as a full-time 2nd year or 3rd year student in a degree-granting, post-secondary study program in your home country.
- Good level of English including the ability to speak read and understand English.
- Pass an in-person or web interview conducted by CSI & J-1 sponsor staff member.
- Be able to participate during your university’s “main” break between terms.
- Be willing to work in an entry-level job.